Description: The Prototype for 1982 AMOA
(Amusement and Music Operators Association) show in Las Vegas. Not to
be confused with Austin Museum of Art or
Atlantic Maritime Officers Association.
ROM color: Red or a faded red
ROM Label format:
SINISTAR ROM XX-B (where XX is
the ROM number 1 through 11)
Speech ROM format:
(where ZZ is the a number in the range 12 through 22)
(c) 1982 Williams Electronics.
The AMOA speech ROMS do not have revision numbers.
Sound ROM format:
SND. ROM 9
- The Sinistar logo in the attract mode uses a Rocky-Horror-esque "dripping
- The letter "T" shows up behind the "dripping blood"
logo, possibly part of the trademark?
- The Sinistar death sequence sometimes occurs offscreen.
- There seem to be more crystals per planetoid than in the release revision.
- Missing the "set attract mode message" option in the game adjustments
- High score entry uses fire to advance to the next character, rather than
- Warping to the next level can occur in any direction, not just upper-right.
Warping occus in the last direction that the ship was pointed.
- Sinistar's "roar" occurs multiple times in rapid succession,
cutting off each time he is hit by a sinibomb.
- When a player's ship is destroyed by the Sinistar, it explodes rather than
spinning out first.
- After defeating Sinistar, his face outline doesn't appear in the center
of the screen.
- You can set the extra ship points AND extra ship point factors to ZERO.
As soon as you get a point, the game program gets caught in an infinite loop.
You'll also hear an EXTENDED extra ship noise. You can break the loop
by hitting advance, and looking at ALL the extra ships you just received.
- Stuff (like the Sini-bombs, warriors, and even the Sinistar himself (if
it has a gender)) doesn't travel well from scanner to playfield, and these
objects can make quick second passes, and sometimes even just skip the playfield
- Survivors Today Has the following initials when tables are cleared. YYY
XYS MAA AAA AAA AAA BDG MAA AAA AAA ABC EJS MAA AAA AAA RED HPG MAA AAA AAB
CFL XYS MAA AAA AAB DGN DBG MAA AAA BCE
- Scores start at 19045, and are listed with the following algorithm (-265,
-365, -265, repeat)
"...this is one of the AMOA version Sinistars. RJ, you'll remember your
disappointment that we were unable to add the cool explosion you had done in
time for the show, which was a few months before the final game was released.
" - Noah Falstein